The week of August 25th, brings 17 new market events. Pay special attention to the U.S. New Home Sales on Monday, may have an effect on the USD/JPY.
24option, is a respected provider recommended by BOCrunch.
Let’s review the events. All times are GMT.
- German Ifo Business Climate: Published on Monday at 09:00 GMT. The market expects a score of 107.1. If the outcome is 108.7 or more, CALL EUR/USD. If the result is 106.4 or less, PUT option on EUR/USD.
- U.S. New Home Sales: Monday, 15:00. Exp. 426K. 433K or more, CALL USD/JPY. 384K or less, PUT USD/JPY.
- New Zealand Trade Balance: Monday, 23:45. Exp. -475M. 285M or more, CALL NZD/USD. -512M or less, PUT NZD/USD.
- U.K. BBA Mortgage Approvals: Tuesday, 09:30. Exp. 44.2K. 45.9K or more CALL GBP/USD. 42.2K or less, PUT GBP/USD.
- U.S. Core Durable Goods Orders: Tuesday, 13:30. Exp. 0.5% . 2.0% or higher CALL USD/JPY. 0.3% or lower, PUT USD/JPY.
- U.S. CB Consumer Confidence: Tuesday, 15:00. Exp. 89.1. 91.2 or more, CALL USD/JPY. 88.7 or less, PUT USD/JPY.
- Australia Construction Work Done: Wednesday, 02:30. Exp. -0.4%. 0.4% or higher, CALL AUD/USD. -0.5% or lower, PUT AUD/USD.
- GfK German Consumer Climate: Wednesday, 07:00. Exp. 8.9. 9.1 or more CALL EUR/USD. 8.7 or less, PUT EUR/USD.
- Australia Private Capital Expenditure: Thursday, 02:30. Exp. -0.8%. -0.6% or higher, CALL AUD/USD. -5.0% or lower, PUT AUD/USD.
- Spanish Flash CPI: Thursday, 08:00. Exp. -0.2%. -0.1% or higher, CALL EUR/USD. -0.4% or lower, PUT EUR/USD.
- Swiss Employment Level: Thursday, 08:15. Exp. 4.21M. 4.23M or more, PUT USD/CHF. 4.17M or less, CALL USD/CHF.
- U.K. CBI Realized Sales: Thursday, 11:00. Exp. 25. 30 or more CALL GBP/USD. 19 or less, PUT GBP/USD.
- U.S. Unemployment Claims: Thursday, 13:30. Exp. 299K. 303K or more, PUT USD/JPY. 295K or less, CALL USD/JPY.
- U.S. Pending Home Sales: Thursday, 15:00. Exp. 0.6% . 0.8% or higher CALL USD/JPY. -1.3% or lower, PUT USD/JPY.
- Euro Zone CPI Flash Estimate: Friday, 10:00. Exp. 0.3%. 0.5% or higher, CALL EUR/USD. 0.2% or lower, PUT EUR/USD.
- Canadian GDP: Friday, 13:30. Exp. 0.3% . 0.5% or higher PUT USD/CAD. 0.2% or lower, CALL USD/CAD.
- U.S. Revised UoM Consumer Sentiment: Friday, 14:55. Exp. 80.4. 80.7 or more, CALL USD/JPY. 78.7 or less, PUT USD/JPY.
If you are interested in binary options, see our unique Bonus Offer from 24option, for BOCrunch binary option traders.
These expected market reactions and setups are general market commentary. This is by no means any type of investment advice.
CALL options – if the price closes at a higher level than the price you purchased at expiry time, you make 75%. If it closes below, you’re left with 10%.
PUT options – if the price closes under the price you purchased at expiry time, you make 75%. If it closes above, you’re left with 10%.
The data for these news events has been analyzed given previous releases and reactions, current market conditions and more. Significant surprises to market consensus, as given by surveys of economists, normally trigger sharp market reactions that proceed for a long period of time. When some events collide with each other, they can offset each other. So, these events aren’t in the list.